Monday 21 October 2013

Oh My Where Has The Time Gone

I've been in this course for about a 6-7 weeks so far and I can absolutely say that Ive become a way better programmer. Everything from recursion to tree lists to abstract data types has really opened my eyes to what i can do as a programmer .Object Orientated programming has literally become my best friend. It makes programming so much EASIER and made me ponder and understand that many of the common methods used in python like "str" are actually in fact classes.

Recursion is an amazing way of making a function more visible and easier to prove but on the flip side if you have a large and complex function the call stack might get overwhelmed and even crash or slow down. Thankfully in this course we haven't tackled problems this difficult yet but I do appreciate how recursion simplifies and shortens your code.

No comments:

Post a Comment